Bringing your pet dog / terms & conditions
Updated 15th March 2022. For bookings made previous to this date, you can find the pet terms and conditions here.
The customer agrees that:-
- By prior arrangement, we can accept well-behaved dogs in our accommodation. We are dog owners ourselves and like to welcome well-behaved dogs to the forest. However, we do know fellow hosts who have had unpleasant experiences with dogs staying in their properties. For this reason, we have to ask the following;
- Please note bringing a dog will be subject to the good house keeping and damages deposit of £250 as per our general terms and conditions.
- Dogs must be kept off all furniture, including the bed, at all times with no exception or Uist Forest Retreat reserves the right to retain the Good Housekeeping deposit in full.
- The property will be inspected by the hosts prior to the return of the good housekeeping and damages deposit. The guest agrees that any costs related to damages or replacement of furniture or furnishing above the initial damages deposit will be paid by the guest prior to leaving.
- There are hens, guinea fowl and horses in the forest and close by the accommodation, dogs must be kept under close control at all times, if in doubt please keep your dog on a lead. Deer also roam the forest, it is Your Dog, Your Responsibility to ensure that your dog does not chase or cause harm to wildlife.
- Please make sure you are fully aware of the Your Dog, Your Responsibility campaign by Police Scotland. As of 2022, the maximum penalty is now £40,000 or 12 months imprisonment. The Sheep Game have a very useful and also friendly video explaining the new law that you can watch here. Remember, disturbance of wildlife or livestock is your responsibility, you might not always see what is around the corner or over the hill. If in doubt, please keep your dog on a lead at all times anywhere on the islands, including the machair, and enjoy your holiday:)
- An outside tap and dog towels are provided. Dogs should be made clean and dry before being bought into the property.
- Owners must provide their own dog bed.
- Due to the size of the accommodation, no more than 1 dog (max medium sized, no bigger than a labrador) will be accepted at any time. We are sorry but we are unable to accommodate dogs (puppies) under 18 months of age.
- If your dogs are used to jumping on beds or sofas I’m afraid we cannot accept them in our property and suggest that you might look at the Western Isles dog-friendly facebook page for alternative options.
- If your dogs are well behaved, can be kept clean and dry prior to entering the property and will stay only on the floor then we look forward to welcoming you!
- UIST FOREST RETREAT
Return to terms & conditions