Bringing your pet dog / terms & conditions
Updated January 2023.
The customer agrees that:-
- By prior arrangement, we do accept well-behaved dogs in our accommodation. We are dog owners ourselves (Darach our Labrador pictured above!) and like to welcome your companions to the forest.
Please note bringing a dog will be subject to the good house keeping and damages deposit as per our general terms and conditions.
Dogs must be kept off all furniture, including the bed, at all times with no exception or Uist Forest Retreat reserves the right to retain the Good Housekeeping deposit in full.
- The property will be inspected by the hosts prior to the return of the good housekeeping and damages deposit. The guest agrees that any costs related to damages or replacement of furniture or furnishing above the initial damages deposit will be paid by the guest prior to leaving.
- There are hens, guinea fowl and horses in the forest and nearby the accommodation. Deer and ground nesting birds are also plentiful in the forest and generally throughout the islands. Please keep dogs under close control at all times, if in doubt, do keep your dog on a lead.
- Please make sure you are aware of the ‘Your Dog, Your Responsibility’ campaign by Police Scotland. The Sheep Game has a very useful and friendly video explaining the new law that you can watch here. If in doubt, please keep your dog on a lead at all times anywhere on the islands, including the machair or hill, and enjoy your holiday:)
- An outside tap and dog towels are provided. Dogs should be made clean and dry before being bought into the property.
- Owners must provide their own dog bed.
- Due to the size of the accommodation, no more than 2 small or medium dogs (approx size of a labrador) can be accommodated. If you wish to bring two labrador size dogs, we recommend Damh being more suitable as it has a little more floor space to accommodate their dog beds. Please do get in touch to discuss your companions and suitability for the accommodation, prior to your stay. We are sorry but we are unable to accommodate dogs (puppies) under 18 months of age.
Return to terms & conditions