Take a memorable journey to North Uist.
By ferry or flight you will experience stunning scenery and a warm welcome on your arrival.
- Glasgow to Benbecula 55mins. We are approx 30mins drive
- Inverness to Benbecula 1hr 35mins. We are approx 30mins drive.
- Glasgow to Barra 1hr 15mins. Take a flight to Barra where the plane lands you right on the beach – the worlds only scheduled beach landing! You can then take the short ferry from Barra to Eriskay and drive a hire car through South Uist to reach us. Journey time departing Barra to Uist Forest Retreat approx 2hrs including ferry crossing.
For live arrival / departure information please see Highlands and Islands Airport Ltd.
Check ferry timetables in advance and book ahead if you are bringing a vehicle. Crossings can get fully booked well in advance, especially during summer.
- Uig on the Isle of Skye to Lochmaddy, North Uist 1hr 45mins. We are approx 25mins drive. Winter timetable. Summer timetable.
- Mallaig / Oban to Lochboisdale, South Uist 3hrs 30mins / 5hrs 10mins. We are approx 1hr drive. Winter timetable. Summer timetable. Please note Oban sailings operate in the winter months only.
- Leverbrough on the Isle of Harris to Berneray 1hr. We are approx 30mins drive. Winter timetable. Summer timetable.
- Barra to Eriskay 40mins. We are approx 1hr 20mins drive via South Uist. Winter timetable. Summer timetable.
To keep up to date with the latest sailing information on each CalMac route you can also download the app
There are car hire options available in the area if you want to go and explore further. Car hire companies can be flexible for pick up / drop off.
It is possible to hire a car on the Isle of Barra after your flight and beach landing, or from the ferry terminal at Eriskay and then drive to Uist Forest Retreat. Drop off can be arranged at Benbecula or Stornoway airport for your return journey. Contact operators for more details.