Terms & conditions
Terms & Conditions for our luxury self-catering cabins
(Updated Feb 2021. Guests with bookings made previous to this can obtain a copy of relevant terms and conditions by emailing email@example.com)
- When you submit a booking via our online booking system you may receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by email.
- Deposit payment: To confirm your stay, a non-refundable deposit of 25% becomes payable at the time of reservation for the full period booked. Bookings made within 8 weeks of arrival may require payment in full (see below).
- Balance payment: Generally, full balance payments for all bookings are required 8 weeks prior to the arrival date. Due to COVID-19, whilst awaiting any Government confirmation of pending travel restriction reviews, any balance payment may only be requested up to 3 weeks (rather than 8 weeks) prior to the date of arrival. This will be under ongoing review and dependant on the circumstances surrounding travel restrictions associated with COVID-19. Uist Forest Retreat reserves the right to return to full balance payments being required 8 weeks prior to a reservation at any time.
- Cancellation: In the event of a cancellation within 60 days of arrival, all monies will be forfeit unless another customer books the cabin. Deposit payments are non-refundable unless for any reason given below.
- Should a booking be cancelled and a refund offered, Uist Forest Retreat reserve the right to retain any banking transaction/admin fee incurred for the original reservation.
- If your booking has to be cancelled due to Uist Forest Retreat being put under Government Restrictions and has to close and the period of closure covers your booking you will be refunded in full.
- In the event that your given address at the time of booking is put into local / regional lockdown, or Government-issued travel restrictions render you unable to travel, and the period of restriction covers your booking you will be refunded in full.
- If your booking has to be cancelled because Uist Forest Retreat has to close through Force Majeure, meaning any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, including but not limited to: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination; (e) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (g) non-performance by our suppliers or contractors; and (i) failure of utility service, and the period of closure covers your booking you will be refunded in full.
- Customer inability or disinclination to travel and stay at Uist Forest Retreat. This includes – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport, including plane and ferry services. These remain at your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless we re-let the property. You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Covid is also now a known risk and it is possible for you to insure your holiday against it. This can include the customer or any of the party having Covid, the customer or any of the party having to isolate or quarantine, or you wishing to shield any Members of the party.
- Maximum occupancy The cabins are available for a maximum of 2 adults only (18+). Each cabin has one bedroom with a king-size bed. Unfortunately, there is not adequate room for a cot for infants.
- We reserve the right to remove person or persons from the property due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to the property, or exceeding the stated occupancy. In this case a refund will be at the discretion of the owners.
- Check-in is from 4pm on day of arrival. Check-out no later than 10am on day of departure. The wood-burning stove is not to be lit on the day of departure to enable the stove to be cleaned during the changeover period.
- The cabin will be left in a clean and tidy condition, if there are breakages or damage is caused we will be told and recompense will be made prior to departure.
- Customers agree to only use the wood burner if competent to do so and having fully read and understood the instructions given on arrival either in person, in writing or by film.
- No smoking is allowed in any of the properties. An ash tray is provided for use outside your accommodation, strictly no cigarette ends are to be disposed of by throwing to the ground, heather or heath, the ash tray must be used at all times. No external fires or BBQ’s are permitted.
- Pets may be accepted subject to guest agreeing to terms for bringing a pet
- We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.
- No liability shall be accepted by us for loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to guests, either in the property or in/to cars, bicycles or other vehicles left on the property. Nor shall liability be accepted by us for accident or injury to guests, either within the property or outside.
- Customers are advised that the cabins are accessed via a forestry track approx 500m long. There is a speed restriction of 10mph at all times. Visitors use the forestry track with their personal vehicles at their own risk. Proprietors will not be responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles whilst using the forestry track.
- Tariff: Prices include – Electricity, linen, towels and bath robes. A complimentary basket of logs for stove, welcome pack.
- Please do inform us as soon as possible if you have a complaint with your accommodation or if you find that anything is faulty within the accommodation that needs our attention, so that we can assist and repair or make alternative arrangements. Due to the limited period of hire, it may not be possible to repair such items during the period of hire.
- Each booking is made in good faith with the understanding that a cabin will be available to the guest during the dates of the reservation. If for any reason such as damage to the property, we are unable to proceed with the booking or offer alternative accommodation, Uist Forest Retreat may require to cancel a guest reservation. In the event of this happening any payment received will be refunded in full. Guests will have no further claim against Uist Forest Retreat and are strongly advised to ensure they have adequate travel insurance.
- We’re Good to Go – Acquiring the Industry Standard mark means that our business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a risk assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- We are members of ASSC and have taken the necessary steps to comply with guidance for cleaning protocols to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- What to do if you or anyone in your group experiences any of the key symptoms of COVID-19 before or during your stay (persistent cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell). If either of you experiences any of the key symptoms of COVID-19 or have been tested positive, in the two weeks prior to your stay, you are advised not to travel and agree to inform Uist Forest Retreat that your stay will no longer be possible. We will try to arrange your stay for a future date.
- In accordance with Test and Protect, people with symptoms are required to self-isolate for at least 7 days, and everyone in their household should isolate for 10 days. If the test is negative, everyone can end isolation. If the test is positive, everyone should continue to isolate, and the NHS Test and Protect team will be in touch to start contact tracing. Those contacted through the Test and Protect programme will be required to self-isolate for at least 10 days.
If guests who are isolating can travel home safely to isolate, avoiding the use of public transport, they should do this.
In the event that this is not possible, the guest should discuss this with the NHS Test and Protect team. The guest may be signposted to the National Assistance Helpline on 0800 111 4000 if they need help to isolate and cannot arrange it themselves or through friends and family.
In some circumstances, further discussion may be required with the local Health Protection Team and local authority to ensure that the person has suitable accommodation to isolate safely and effectively. More information can be found here.
After the required period of self-isolation, guests and anyone else in their party who has been affected can then return to their main place of residence.
Read More on the advice from the Scottish Government.
According to this guidance, “If you are unwell and cannot return home, you will be expected to pay all costs to your accommodation provider.”
- In the unlikely event that either of you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or have been tested positive or contact traced and Government guidance or regulation prevents you from travelling home as planned, the current guidelines suggest that the local Health board will assist in finding accommodation should our accommodation not be available for your period of isolation. Should this not be possible we will permit you to extend your stay for the period of isolation required by the Government and you agree to pay for your accommodation in advance, at the same weekly rate as paid in your original booking.
- In making your booking you accept that Uist Forest Retreat may need to cancel your booking at short notice due to COVID-19. This could be due to Scottish Government/Local Authority advice in our local area; an outbreak on the island, return to lockdown in our local area, personal circumstances surrounding the virus (for example ill health) or the guests prior to your stay requiring to self-isolate. If applicable and an alternative cabin is available, then we will transfer your stay where possible but we cannot guarantee this. Should we not have alternative accommodation or your stay is not possible for any of the other reasons above we will refund any payment received. Uist Forest Retreat will not be liable for any further costs due to the cancellation of your stay and you are strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance for your holiday.
- Due to uncertainties surrounding Covid-19, Uist Forest Retreat reserve the right to update or amend Covid-19 related terms and conditions for future reservations at any time.