Terms & conditions
Terms & Conditions for our luxury self-catering cabins
We do hope you enjoy your stay and will keep coming back to visit us at Uist Forest Retreat.
Please read the following, if there is something you would like to discuss please do contact us.
The customer agrees that:-
- Deposit payment: To reserve your stay, a non-refundable deposit of 25% becomes payable at the time of reservation for the full period booked. Bookings made within 8 weeks of arrival may require payment in full (see below).
- Balance payment: To confirm your stay, the full balance payments for all bookings are required 8 weeks prior to the arrival date.
- A ‘Good housekeeping and damages’ deposit of £150 is required to be authorised prior to your stay. This will be in the form of a pre-authorisation via Stripe secure payment gateway. The security deposit will be authorised from your payment card and will be released when checks are completed and no damage is reported.
- Cancellation: In the event of a cancellation within 60 days of arrival, all monies will be forfeit unless another customer books the cabin. Deposit payments are non-refundable unless for any reason given below.
- Should a booking be cancelled and a refund offered, Uist Forest Retreat reserves the right to retain a banking transaction/admin fee of £40 for the original reservation. This is subject to change depending on the length of stay and changes in admin fees via third party providers.
- If your booking has to be cancelled due to Uist Forest Retreat being put under Government Restrictions and has to close and the period of closure covers your booking you will be refunded in full.
- In the event that your given address at the time of booking is subject to Government-issued travel restrictions and renders you unable to travel, and the period of restriction covers your booking you will be refunded in full.
- If your booking has to be cancelled because Uist Forest Retreat has to close through Force Majeure, meaning any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, including but not limited to: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination; (e) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (g) non-performance by our suppliers or contractors; and (i) failure of utility service, and the period of closure covers your booking you will be refunded in full.
- Customer inability or disinclination to travel and stay at Uist Forest Retreat. This includes – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport, including plane and ferry services. These remain at your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless we re-let the property. You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Maximum occupancy The cabins are available for a maximum of 2 adults only (18+). Each cabin has one bedroom with a king-size bed. Unfortunately, there is not adequate room for a cot for infants.
- We reserve the right to refuse a booking, remove person or persons from the property due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to the property, or exceeding the stated occupancy. In this case, a refund will be at the discretion of the owners.
- Check-in is from 4pm on day of arrival. Check-out no later than 10am on day of departure. The wood-burning stove is not to be lit on the day of departure to enable the stove to be cleaned during the changeover period.
- The cabin will be left in a clean and tidy condition, if there are breakages or damages recompense will be made via the good house keeping deposit. A cleaning fee of £50 will be retained from the good house keeping deposit, should the accommodation be returned unclean and untidy and not as it was found.
- No smoking is allowed in any of the properties. An ash tray is provided for use outside your accommodation, strictly no cigarette ends are to be disposed of by throwing to the ground, heather or heath, the ash tray must be used at all times. No external fires or BBQ’s are permitted.
- Pets may be accepted subject to guest agreeing to terms for bringing a pet
- We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.
- No liability shall be accepted by us for loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to guests, either in the property or in/to cars, bicycles or other vehicles left on the property.
- Customers are advised that the cabins are accessed via a forestry track approx 500m long. There is a speed restriction of 10mph at all times. Visitors use the forestry track with their personal vehicles at their own risk. Proprietors will not be responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles whilst using the forestry track.
- Tariff: Prices include – Electricity, linen, towels and bathrobes, logs for stove, welcome pack.
We do not have a facility to offer fuel / electric for vehicles. Domestic electric vehicle chargers are not suitable for use at the property and are strictly forbidden. You are liable for any damage or loss suffered by us due to your unauthorised use of domestic chargers. You are liable for any damage or loss suffered by us due to your unauthorised use of domestic chargers. The locations of nearby charging points are listed here . The two closest are Lochmaddy port, by Lochmaddy Hotel and the closest is Claddach Kirkibost Centre, beside the Oystercatcher Bakery.
Customers agree to only use the wood burner if competent to do so and having fully read and understood the instructions given on arrival either in person, in writing or by film. It is a breach of terms and conditions to not use the wood burner as per the instructions given. Only wood provided by Uist Forest Retreat can be used to fuel the wood burner. When used safely and correctly a basket of logs generally lasts from 3 to 7 days depending on weather conditions. Excessive use of wood may mean the wood burner is not being used as per the wood burning stove manufacturers instructions and may be an insurance or safety concern. This could mean a breach of terms and conditions and your stay may be cancelled immediately with no recompense made.
- Please do inform us as soon as possible if you have a complaint with your accommodation or if you find that anything is faulty within the accommodation that needs our attention, so that we can assist and repair or make alternative arrangements. Complaints made after check out will not be accepted. Due to the limited period of hire, it may not be possible to repair such items during the period of hire.
- Each booking is made in good faith with the understanding that a cabin will be available to the guest during the dates of the reservation. If for any reason such as damage to the property, we are unable to proceed with the booking or offer alternative accommodation, Uist Forest Retreat may require to cancel a guest reservation. In the event of this happening any payment received will be refunded in full. Guests will have no further claim against Uist Forest Retreat and are strongly advised to ensure they have adequate travel insurance.
Scottish Government Short-Term Let Licensing:
Licence Number ES00729P
Maximum Occupancy 2 adults only per cabin