Terms & conditions
Terms & Conditions for our luxury self-catering cabins
We do hope you enjoy your stay in one of our cabins and will keep coming back to visit us at Uist Forest Retreat.
Please read the following, if there is something you would like to discuss please contact us, we will do our best to be flexible.
The customer agrees that:-
- When you submit a booking via our online booking system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by email.
- A non refundable deposit of 25% becomes payable at time of reservation for the full period booked, with full payment due eight weeks before date of arrival. In the event of a cancellation within 60 days of arrival, all monies will be forfeit unless another customer books the cabin.
- Reservations commence 1600 on the day of arrival, terminating 1000 on the final day.
- We reserve the right to remove person or persons from the property due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to the property, or exceeding the stated occupancy. In this case refund will be at the discretion of the owners.
- The cabin will be left in a clean and tidy condition, if there are breakages or damage is caused we will be told and recompense will be made prior to departure.
- Customers agree to only use the wood burner if competent to do so and having fully read and understood the instructions given on arrival.
- No smoking is allowed in any of the properties.
- Pets may be accepted subject to guest agreeing to terms for bringing a pet
- We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the reservation due to circumstances beyond our control, we will provide a full refund of monies paid. No further financial claims will be considered.
- No liability shall be accepted by us for loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to guests, either in the property or in/to cars, bicycles or other vehicles left on the property. Nor shall liability be accepted by us for accident or injury to guests, either within the property or outside.
- Customers are advised that the cabins are accessed via a forestry track approx 500m long. There is a speed restriction of 10mph at all times. Visitors use the forestry track with their personal vehicles at their own risk. Proprietors will not be responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles whilst using the forestry track.
- Adverse Travel Condition. Where there are ferry/plane disruptions due to bad weather conditions or any form of industrial action, Uist Forest Retreat can not be held responsible for non-arrival at the cabins and no refunds will be given.
- To minimise the cost and inconvenience of cancelled bookings we would strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance. You may have to forfeit the full cost of your holiday in certain circumstances.
- Tariff: Prices include – Electricity, linen, towels and bath robes. Complimentary basket of logs for stove, welcome pack.
- Please do inform us as soon as possible if you have a complaint with your accommodation or if you find that anything is faulty within the accommodation that needs our attention, so that we can assist and repair or make alternative arrangements. Due to the limited period of hire, it may not be possible to repair such items during the period of hire.