At Uist Forest Retreat Ltd we value our customers and are committed to protecting their privacy. We are the controller of the information that we obtain from and about you. We understand and respect the importance of your privacy and are committed to the fair and transparent processing and safeguarding of your personal information.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website, www.uistforestretreat.co.uk, which is owned and controlled by us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
- In providing our services to you, we must collect personal information from you and make subsequent use of it as detailed below. We do not sell email lists to anyone and will only collect personal data essential to your booking with us. All our data is kept on GDPR compliant/secure sites and is password protected with two-step authentication at a minimum.
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- What we collect and how we use data:
When you book via Beds24 you give us personal data including your name, contact details and other information such as your travel arrangements and arrival time. We use this information to give you the best accommodation experience we can by preparing for your visit and making contact with you should we legitimately need to.
- On approaching your stay with us, communication may also be via mobile phone contact, text message, iMessage or Watsapp. This allows us to keep in contact with you, where appropriate, prior to and during your stay. We do not save guest details on mobile devices or use mobile numbers after guest departure.
- Enquiry Forms: Enquiries from our website: The data we hold from this form is your first & last name and email address. We use this information to be able to respond to your enquiry.
You may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the ‘About Cookies’ website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
- When someone visits our website www.uistforestretreat.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This data contains some information about you; the Internet address of the computer or mobile internet device that you are using, the type of browser and operating system you are using and the internet address of the website from which you came from. It also contains some connection information such as the page or service you are requesting and the date and time of the request.
This information is used for the purpose of determining general visitor patterns and pathways within our pages by gathering statistical information and demographics relating to the website. This statistical data is then used to support future design and usability modifications made to our web pages.
Further information on Google Analytics Policies can be viewed here
- Mailchimp. If you have given us permission by opting-in to receive our quarterly email newsletter, we use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver it. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry-standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
- Social Media
If you use any of our social network pages or applications or you use one of our products or services that allow interaction with social networks, we may receive information relating to your social network accounts. For instance:
If you click on a ‘like’, ‘+1’ or ‘tweet’ or similar button in one of our websites or services, we may record the fact that you have done so. In addition, the content that you are viewing may be posted to your social network profile or feed. We may receive information about further interactions with this posted content (for example, if your contacts click on a link in the posted content), which we may associate with the details that we store about you
If you ‘like’, ‘+1’ or similar one of our pages on a social network site, we may receive information about your social network profile, depending on your social network account privacy settings.
- Data security
We store your data on our secure servers in the United Kingdom and retain it for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. However, your data may be transferred to, stored at, and processed at a destination inside or outside the European Economic Area by our partners or service providers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password-protected location with two-step authentication. Only users authorised by us have access to this data i.e Kathryn & Angus Johnson – Owner/Managers at Uist Forest Retreat Ltd
- 5. Retaining and deleting personal data
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
Personal data that we process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Your personal data will be retained for 5 years following the date you cease to be a client, or longer as required to meet our regulatory obligations.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests.
- Links to third party sites
Our website may contain links to other third party websites that are not operated by us. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of those third-party websites. We strongly encourage you to view the privacy and cookie policies displayed on those third party websites to find out how your personal information may be used.
We will only disclose information about you if we are legally required to do so or if we need to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention or in connection with other criminal acts).
- You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Kathryn Johnson on firstname.lastname@example.org We request 14 days to reply to your request.
- This policy may be updated occasionally. Please do familiarise yourself with our policy here. It will be reviewed every two years.
Last updated: 21st January 2020